I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Seeking Sanctuary is out...plus a recipe!

 


Seeking Sanctuary is out in the world! Wahoo! I'm so excited!

It's the story of Paige, a single mom-to-be trying to figure out her next steps, and bookstore manager Kellan, her brother's army buddy, who's carrying a secret burden.

I had so much fun writing this book. I was able to incorporate:

  • a bookstore
  • matchmaking octogenarians
  • sparkly shoes
  • preschoolers
  • Iceland poppies
  • pickles
  • my tuna salad recipe
In case you're curious about my tuna salad recipe, I don't have anything down to exact measurements. It's one of those things I just do, taste, and adapt accordingly. But if you want to try tuna salad like I make (and the characters eat), here's what I do:

1-2 cans of tuna packed in water, drained
mayonnaise, to taste
a squeeze or two of lemon juice
sweet pickle relish
chopped onion, red preferred but white okay
a stalk or two of chopped celery
dry dill weed to taste

There you go! Easy peasy! We have a debate over the pickle relish--my husband and mom far prefer dill pickles to sweet pickles. 

Where do you fall on the debate?

No comments: