I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Friday, May 18, 2018

Why Am I Getting So Many Emails from Authors Right Now?


Are you getting a rush of emails from authors whose newsletters you receive?

You may have heard about the new General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), that comes into effect May 25, 2018. The new EU regulations regarding personal data protection give individuals more control of their personal data.

This is a good thing, but right now it requires a bit of work on everyone's parts when it comes to receiving authors' newsletters.

I may not be in Europe, but since my newsletter and website are available to Europeans, and I collect email addresses for newsletters etc, I must be compliant or I could risk legal repercussions.

While I will never use your personal information for anything other than to send an occasional newsletter to you, I am required to confirm that you would like to continue to hear from me. If you want to remain on an author's mailing list, you must update the sender by checking a permission box. It's a huge pain for everyone involved (it took me forever to figure out how to make my newsletter compliant. It was a multi-step process and it made my brain hurt, but I conquered! Wahoo!).

Help an author and if you get one of those newsletters and want to keep receiving them, update your settings. Thanks!

No comments: