I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

May Madness

Image result for graphic peace
https://images.app.goo.gl/8JqYrd3D1nsrNPxL9
May is winding down but the stress in my life is winding up--are you in a similar spot?

The school year is ending, and while May is usually busy with school events, this year I have a graduating senior. That means a whole host of banquets, recognition events, an ice cream social, and fun happenings, plus baccalaureate and graduation themselves.

Add to the mix family illnesses, a move-home from college, church programs and special events, a cat with an abscess (she'll be ok!), a book release in June, and a looming deadline, I'm admitting that I'm having a hard time keeping up. I. Feel. Stress.

In other words, I'm experiencing life in our busy age.

Everybody's life is stressful off and on. All we can do sometimes is hold on to Jesus and go with it.

So that's where I am right now, holding on and asking the Lord to lift my head up. I pray for focus, clarity, strength, endurance, patience, compassion, and the ability to enjoy these milestone moments!

Maybe your May is similar. If so, I pray for you right now and wish you peace. Strength to hold on to the Hand that was wounded for you. Trust in His care. He is the Prince of Peace, and He is with you and in you and for you.

Deep breaths, folks. And enjoy the ride.

No comments: