Welcome to Mary Ellis!
Mary has generously offered to giveaway a copy of her most recent Amish release, A Plain Man--so don't forget to leave a comment to enter the drawing!
Ten Things about Mary:
1) As a child I fully intended to marry a Amish famer when I grew up. As an adult, once I realized how hard Amish wives work, I decided to write about their simple culture instead.
2) I used to jump off the high-diving board and find a quarter on the pool bottom in 20 ft. of water. Now I can barely hold my breath a minute.
3) I love lima beans, broccoli, Brussell sprouts and anything green.
4) I prefer maps over my GPS.
5) I studied Spanish in high school, college, and night school. Yet when I visited Mexico, my accent was so appalling, locals didn't recognize their language.
6) One summer I was a volunteer snake handler at the Cleveland Zoo giving programs to summer camps and daycares.
7) My ideal vacation always includes a beach.
8) I have been swimming with giant tortoises, dolphins, sand sharks and unfortunately, sea urchins.
9) I have worked at least 10 jobs during my lifetime, but being an author is my all-time favorite.
10) My latest release, took me back to Winesburg and Shreve, Ohio, where I began my Amish release 7 years ago.
A Plain Man:
Though Caleb Beachy lived in the Englisch world for some years, he is a Plain man at heart. When he decides to return to the Amish lifestyle, he moves back home and goes to work for his father. Soon these two strong-willed men find themselves at odds. Caleb discovers there's more to embracing his faith and reconnecting with the community than merely driving a horse and buggy and giving up Levis.
Josie Yoder was just a girl when he left. All grown up now, she gives Caleb hope for the future. She soothes his frayed temper and is determined to remind him that while his faith may have wavered, God never left his side. Caleb is tempted to return Josie's feelings, but the choices he made while away are a heavy burden on his conscience. Will past mistakes end up destroying their fledgling romance? Or will she be able to break through the wall around his heart?
A Plain Man is more than just a sweet romance centered in Amish beliefs. It's the ever-fresh story of a wounded heart finding joy, health, and healing in God's infinite grace.
Don't forget to leave a comment by 11:59 pm PDT Thursday, June 12, to be entered into the drawing for A Plain Man. The winner will be announced Friday, June 13!