I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Herbal Bath Tea

Are you stressed out? Could you use a little break from the hustle and bustle of your schedule, as well as the cold autumn wind?

Why not try a warm, soothing bath with some herbal bath tea?

I don't mean the kind you drink while you soak in the tub, although that's good, too. I was referring, however, to the kind you soak in yourself!

It's easy and inexpensive.

First, compile the "tea" ingredients. The dried herbs are ones you can grow in your garden, or purchase.

2 cups epsom salts
1/4 cup Calendula
1/4 cup Chamomile
1/4 cup Lavender
1/4 up Oats
Optional: essential oil in a favorite scent (like lavender)


Lavender, Nature, Plant, Purple Flower, Meadow, Plants

INSTRUCTIONS

Combine herbs, salt, and if desired, a few drops of essential oil. For each bath "teabag" put 3 Tablespoons into a muslin bag (or tie in a coffee filter). Add hot water to a 4-6 cup mixing bowl with a spout, or kettle, or something else that you can pour from. Steep the "teabag" in the hot water for fifteen minutes. Add the "tea" to your bathwater and enjoy!

No comments: