I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, September 26, 2016

Moment of Calm for the Week

It's a crazy time of year, isn't it?

The kids are back in school, church programs are back in full swing, and summer vacation is definitely over. Around here, folks are suffering from allergies, bad colds, and a stomach flu that I do not want to get.

My oven isn't working, my garden needs to be tended, the calendar is full, and I'm on deadline. I don't feel like I will get things done on time and/or well. Sound familiar?

I'm taking a minute to take a deep breath and remember what It's All About.

I love this shade of green, and I love this verse. It takes me right back to the center of my faith, and leads me to quiet reflection on who I am and Who He is.

I hope your week includes a few moments of restful reflection, praise, and thanksgiving.

Image result for scripture meme

2 comments:

Karen Lange said...

Yes, I agree. That's an excellent verse to help keep perspective. Appreciate you sharing it. :) Cheering you on for the deadline!

Susanne Dietze said...

Thank you, Karen! I hope all is well with you!