I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, August 8, 2016

Summer Garden: Zucchini with Dill Sauce


Summer gardens tend to overflow with zucchini, and I'm always looking for creative ways to use them. Bread, sauteed, steamed, in salads, on the grill...

Here's a new way we've enjoyed it this year: with a sauce of dill and yogurt. It's refreshing and fun.
  • 1 lb. zucchini, washed, cut into spears or rounds, tossed with olive oil, s&p. Either grill, broil or steam until tender (we grill a lot this time of year, and steaming is fine, but the zucchini won't have a nice little brown crispness that the other methods provide). Time varies by cooking method and size of zucchini pieces, but ten minutes is generally enough. Just check with a fork for tenderness.
  • Combine 1/2 c. plain yogurt, 1 t. lemon juice, s&p to taste, and 1 t. dried dillweed. Add a little fresh garlic and/or chopped chives if desired.
Serve zucchini hot or cold with sauce.

2 comments:

Karen Lange said...

This looks good, I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for sharing with us! :)

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi Karen! Let me know if you try it!

Thanks for coming by.