I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Independence Day, and A Giveaway of Starlight Serenade by Debra E. Marvin!

Happy Independence Day!

From Vintage Holiday Crafts
Ready for a something sweet and All-American to read? It's time to take a summer road trip and get your kicks on Route 66 with Starlight Serenade by Debra E. Marvin!
Starlight Serenade (Get Your Kiss on Route 66) by [Marvin, Debra E.]
Just 2.99 on Amazon or Free on Kindle unlimited!
Take a journey down Rt 66. It’s 1930–the depression, speakeasies, jazz and crooked politicians. Pluto has just been discovered at the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff Arizona, and Clara Longworth has left Broadway and the Ziegfeld shows behind for a future in Hollywood musicals…until that bus breaks down.

Enter to win a copy using the Rafflecopter below! Contest runs from 12 AM, July 4-11:59 pm EST July 8, 2016. 

a Rafflecopter giveaway

DEBRA'S LINKS:
Group Blog- Inkwell Inspirations: http://www.inkwellinspirations.com/


13 comments:

Debra E. Marvin said...

Thanks so much, Susie!
Happy fourth of July!

My story actually takes place during the first week of July, 1930 allowing my characters to experience a fine parade and picnic together!🎆🎇
I look forward to meeting some new readers. it was so much fun to setmy story at this time.

Justina Baisley-Wilson said...

This book sounds like so much fun! I use to live close to Route 66 so will be fun to read. Be Blessed!

Justina Baisley-Wilson said...

This book sounds like so much fun! I use to live close to Route 66 so will be fun to read. Be Blessed!

Susanne Dietze said...

Debra, it's my pleasure to have you here! I love this adorable story, and it's the perfect read for this week! Blessings!

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi Justina! There is certainly some beautiful country along old Route 66. I've been on parts of it, but I'd love to take some time and investigate it further.

So glad you could come by!

Karen said...

This is such a great story idea! After having seen short sections of Route 66 through Illinois and Missouri, I think it would be so fun to explore all of it!

Debra E. Marvin said...

Hi Justina and Karen!
Thank you for commenting and playing along! I had a great time 'traveling' route 66 and learning about Flagstaff. This is the second book I've written that is set in the thirties, and it was no hardship to listen to the old Jazz, ragtime and torch songs.

I did do some traveling along 66 in Arizona and New Mexico, and I've visited Flagstaff. I love how it just showed up over a rise and looks dwarfed by the mountains in the distance. Arizona is quite diverse and I hope people learn that from my book. No Saguaro cactus, but lots of pine trees!

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi Karen! Isn't Deb's idea a great one? The story is charming.

Thanks so much for coming by!

agboss said...

What a great read for summer! This book sounds like it will definitely be a captivating and fun. :) Thanks for the opportunity of this giveaway!!!

nj(dot)bossman(at)gmail(dot)com

Debra E. Marvin said...

Thanks, agboss - you're in the drawing. Are you able to accept an ebook copy?

Have a great week, everyone! It's flying by!

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi agboss! Thanks for coming by! Deb's book is a delight. Blessings!

agboss said...

Hi Debra! In answer to your question to me, yes, I can accept an ebook copy? ~Alison Boss

Susanne Dietze said...

Congratulations to Karen! Her name was randomly chosen by Rafflecopter.

Thanks to all who entered!