I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, May 30, 2016

It's a Milestone Week!

Happy Memorial Day!

Today, I'm honored and privileged to be featured on Harlequin's So You Think You Can Write blog. Please come by and say hi and read about how I got the call that I'd sold to Love Inspired Historical!
http://bit.ly/1U9gYo6

It's also Graduation week at my house!

Vintage graduation card:

We've been celebrating for over a week already with awards ceremonies, a luncheon, band banquet, Baccalaureate, and class parties. Final exams are finished (for my graduating senior, anyway). Books are turned in, accounts cleared, and the locker is empty. All that's left for her this week is fun: breakfasts and grad nites and yearbook signing parties.

But, between her activities, my younger child still in school, and family arriving for graduation, it's a busy week around here. Bittersweet, too. I'm sad because my daughter is growing up, but joyful that she's ready for what God has in store for her. This is what we raised her for, after all: to follow God's call, to go where He sends her.

If you have any advice for me, however, I'd love to hear it! I'm trying to keep the tears in check!

No comments: