I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Playing Catch Up


I've posted this cute birdie pic before when I've had news to share, as in, "You and I have stuff to tell each other!" Today, I'm posting it with a different sort of interpretation..."I've got some stuff to do and I'm a little behind! I'm playing catch-up!"

I think we all have seasons like this. Extra work, extra activities for the kids, extra responsibilities or opportunities. A few extra things to worry about.

I had planned a completely different sort of blog post for today, but I decided to put it off and be transparent about where I am right now, with a sink full of dirty dishes, bittersweet emotions over my oldest graduating from high school in a few weeks, bills, inflamed cartilage in my chest that makes it painful to sneeze, cough or (frankly) breathe, work I'm blessed to have, and a lovely visit from my parents. 

You and I get overwhelmed sometimes. That's ok. It's how we manage our faith in those times that speaks to our willingness to grow through challenges. 

More often than not, trusting God means we have to let things go. Let Him handle them. Pray and release, pray and release, sometimes every minute. It's not easy. If it were, then I think the world would look differently. I am pretty sure I would look differently.

In any case, today I am going to spend time with my parents, trusting that any tasks on hand will be ok waiting until tomorrow. I will trust that those things waking me up at night are things that God has full control over, and that He's capable enough to handle them. 

And He can help me play catch-up. 

If you're playing catch-up this week, I pray you get things done that need to get done, but in the meantime, you can rest in the Lord and let Him give you strength and energy.

Blessings, friends!

No comments: