I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, April 4, 2016

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!


Hi, friends! Boy, do I have great news to share with you.

I sold a Regency romance to Harlequin's Love Inspired Historical line!

I got The Call from my agent, Tamela, last week, followed up by an email from my new editor, Emily Rodmell, welcoming me to the LIH family and asking if we could chat on the phone.

Imagine me mouthing Oh Em Goodness!

I am deliriously grateful for this opportunity. Harlequin is an amazing publisher and I'm honored to write for them. I'm also delighted that these characters will make it to real life bound pages.
The red wool cloak that started it all...    Metropolitan Museum of Art:
 This cloak is just like the one worn by my heroine, Gemma, at precisely the wrong time--to disastrous effect.Taken from The Met- and it also appears on my Pinterest page for this novel, found here!
The book is scheduled to release in early 2017! I'll let you know when I have more information and a cover (gasp! a cover! with my imaginary friends on it!). The title may change, but here's the blurb:

A government agent buries his aristocratic heritage to hunt the most dangerous smugglers in England. Meanwhile a sheltered, adventure-minded miss becomes the target. Will she be his undoing … or his greatest asset? 

Thanks for celebrating with me! I am humbled and honored...and sooooo happy!

18 comments:

Angie Dicken said...

Susie, this is AWESOME! I am so excited for you. Congratulations, friend!

Anne Mateer said...

You go, girl! I love that your name is popping up on books everywhere! :)

Susanne Dietze said...

Thank you, Angie! HUGS!!!

Susanne Dietze said...

Anne, you are so sweet! Thank you so much!

Keli Gwyn said...

Congratulations, Susie! I'm beyond thrilled for you. I love that you've joined the Love Inspired Historical family. You make a delightful addition!

Tina Radcliffe said...

Congratulations!!!!WOOOOTTTT!!!!!

Ruth Logan Herne said...

Susanne! Congratulations! Welcome aboard the Love Inspired train, darling!!!!

Renee McBride said...

Congratulations! I love your blurb. Sounds like my kind of read.

Renee McBride said...

Congratulations! I love your blurb. Sounds like my kind of read.

Missy Tippens said...

Congratulations!! You're going to LOVE Emily. She's my editor, too. :)

Susanne Dietze said...

Keli, Tina, Ruth and Missy--you gals rock! Thank you for welcoming me to the LI family! I love how supportive and encouraging the authors are for one another! I am virtually high-fiving all of you! This has been an amazing experience.

Susanne Dietze said...

Renee, I'm so glad you could come by, and I'm glad the blurb sounds fun to you! I truly hope you enjoy the story. Blessings!

Myra Johnson said...

Wonderful, exciting news, Susanne!!! Congratulations!!!

Heidi McCahan said...

Woot! Congratulations!

Audra Harders said...

Congratulations, Susanne! You'll be working with a great editor and an awesome publisher!

Susanne Dietze said...

Thank you, Myra! I am so glad you came by to celebrate with me!

Heidi, I'm WOOT-ing, too! Thank you for the good wishes.

Hi Audra! I am so excited to work with Emily at LIH. What an honor. Thanks for sharing in my good news!

Janet Dean said...

Congratulations, Susanne! You'll love writing for LIH!

Susanne Dietze said...

Thanks, Janet! I am indeed loving it! And I should add, LI authors are fabulous, supportive, and so welcoming. Thank you!