I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, January 18, 2016

Phew! Party's Over! Let's Relax with Hot Buttered Yum

Congratulations to Betti, who won the One Word From You Prize Package!

Thanks to all who entered and helped me celebrate!

**

Last week was a blast, promoting the release of Austen in Austin, Vol I. I was on five blogs, met a lot of new e-friends, hosted a giveaway and a quarter of the author giveaway, and read a few reviews of the book. Too. Much. Fun. I could get used to this!

But it's time to come back to earth. Good thing, as I'm under a deadline. I have three contracted novellas to write quickly.

So today I'm going to make a delicious, wintery drink to celebrate, and I thought I'd share the recipe with you. I modified it from a Susan Branch recipe (she's so awesome!).

It's actually a Christmas drink, and an alcoholic one at that, but my version has no alcohol.

Heard of Hot Buttered Rum? This is a Hot Buttered Yum.

Yep, it's full of butter and sugar. Nope, that's no health food. Which is why I'm drinking a cup to celebrate.

Hot Buttered Yum:

  • 1/2 lb butter (not margarine), softened
  • 1 whole pound of brown sugar
  • 1/2 t. vanilla
  • 1 1/2 t. cinnamon
  • 1/4 t. pumpkin pie spice -or- nutmeg
Cream together. Store in refrigerator up to 2-3 weeks. When you want a drink, add a tablespoon of the mix to a mug and add 6 oz boiling water. (If you were adding rum, you'd add an ounce.)

Cheers!

2 comments:

Debra E. Marvin said...

Oh My Gosh. I guess I never thought about what was in hot buttered rum except for the run. I've had 'butter-rum' candy.

Enjoy your special treat and get some rest!

Susanne Dietze said...

Deb, I love your avatar. My word, you look so fancy. I look silly in those Face in the Hole things b/c I have bangs! lol

When we bust out with sugar, we can drink one of these together. Cheers!