I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, November 9, 2015

Announcing...The Rails to Love Collection!



Yipee! I just signed a contract with Barbour Publishing for a novella, The Honeymoon Express, which will be published in the Riding the Rails to Love Collection in  autumn of 2017!

I am thrilled to be in this collection and can't wait to tell you more about it and the other eight contributors sometime soon.

But for now, I can tell you each inspirational romance in the collection involves a train. And I can share a little about The Honeymoon Express.
  • It's set in 1876 on a train headed east to west, from sea to shining sea.
  • The heroine, Ellen, is en route to take a job that was predominantly executed by males. And the hero's job is...well, the heroine isn't sure he even has a job. Nash looks like one of those mountain men she's read about who lives off the land.
  • The hero Nash was loosely inspired by Sully on Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, a favorite show of mine from yesteryear.
  • My dad is a rail-fan and rail historian. I loved chatting with him about logistics and train routes!
Thanks for celebrating with me! I'm truly excited about this collection!

2 comments:

Anne Mateer said...

Yay! So happy for you!

Susanne Dietze said...

Thanks, dear Anne! I appreciate you celebrating with me!