Welcome, Niki! We're thrilled to join in celebrating the release of Santiago Sol--set in Chile.
In the spirit of All Things Tea, Niki says: "Teatime in Chile is almost as popular as teatime in Britain, probably a holdover from all the Irish, English, and Scottish settlers. In Chile, it’s called once (ohn-say) and includes all the usual tea fare: hot tea, delicious sandwiches, cookies, fruit, and other yummies."
I had no idea! Yum!
Ok, down to business. Here's the scoop on Niki:
Niki Turner is a novelist, journalist, blogger, and the production manager for the Rio Blanco Herald Times weekly newspaper, one of the oldest continuously operating newspapers in Colorado. Her first completed manuscript earned second place in the Touched By Love 2009 contemporary category romance contest. She also blogs at www.nikiturner.net and is a co-blogger at www.inkwellinspirations.com.
Niki is a Colorado native who grew up in Glenwood Springs—home of the world’s largest hot springs pool. She married her high school sweetheart 25 years ago. They have four children, four grandchildren, and two West Highland White Terriers.
In 2014, she published “Sadie’s Gift” as one of the Christmas Traditions novella collection with eight other authors. The Skiing Suitor, one of the Love’s Sporting Chance series published by Forget-Me-Not Romances, released in August 2015. Her most recent project, “Santiago Sol,” was published by Pelican Book as part of the Passport to Romance novella collection. She’s currently working on a new novella for Whitefire Publishing and another one for Barbour House.
Ten things about Niki!
- I’m a 3rd generation Coloradan. My great-grandparents on both sides settled here in the 1800s, and my grandfather and I were born in the same town. According to family lore, my great-grandmother was quite the socialite and well-acquainted with Wyatt Earp and Bat Masterson.
- I’m a dog person, with two West Highland White Terriers named Archie and Willabea.
- My first job was as a Christmas elf at our local toy store, complete with a full elf costume. I was 13. I learned how to gift wrap presents correctly and quickly, and haven’t wrapped anything right since. My kids are lucky to get their presents in a bag.
- I can’t wear flip-flops. Having that thing between my toes makes my feet ache. I think it’s from years of being shoved into ballet shoes en pointe.
- My hometown was voted one of the top ten most fun cities in the country. It’s home to the world’s largest hot springs pool, which is where I learned to swim!
- I’m an only child. To this day I do not understand sibling relationships, even though I have four children of my own and now four grandchildren.
- My first novel was typed out the summer I turned 14 on a 1940s era Remington typewriter that once belonged to a Denver Post sports writer.
- I’ve been married to my high school sweetheart for 25 years. Fourteen of those years were spent as pastors of a small church in a nearby Colorado town.
- I live less than a mile from my parents, all on the same property, and more than 10 miles from the nearest small town.
- Without glasses or contact lenses I’m legally blind. I’ve been wearing contacts for more than three decades.
More about Santiago Sol...
When a beloved elderly friend in hospice care makes one final request, Tansy Chastain can't refuse, even though returning an heirloom to the patriarch of a powerful Chilean family will take her halfway around the globe. When she's robbed at the airport, a handsome Santiago businessman comes to her rescue. Sebastian Sandoval decides escorting a lovely American for a few days is a perfect distraction from his grandfather's growing pressure to find a lost family treasure. But even as Tansy breathes new life into Sebastian’s jaded perspective, the secrets they are keeping put them in the path of a dangerous, and desperate enemy. Revealing the truth to each other now will destroy their growing relationship, but if they don’t, those secrets may destroy their lives.
You can learn more about Niki on...
Niki has graciously offered to giveaway a copy of Santiago Sol to one randomly-chosen reader! To enter, please leave a comment with a way to contact you by 11:59 pm Thursday, Oct 29, 2015. Winner will be announced here on Friday,Oct 30!