I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, October 19, 2015

Tea Time: Curried Egg Salad Sandwiches



The weather has definitely changed at my house! Gray skies, crisp mornings, and a change in the light.

With darker, shorter days, I am more inclined to enjoy a little tea time! Since I'm posting on Brown Betty teapots over on the Inkwell today, I thought I'd include a recipe here to go along with my tea. This salad makes a nice lunch or snack. I hope you enjoy it!

Curried Egg Salad Sandwiches


  • 1/3 cup mayo
  • 1 t. curry powder (or less, to taste)
  • 2 T. mango chutney, chopped
  • 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
  • bread--white or wheat is best


Combine mayo, curry, and chutney in a bowl. Add eggs, mashing up the eggs a bit in the process. Spread on a slice of bread, top with another slice. Cut into triangles or other tea-fun shapes. Should make about 8 sandwiches.

Enjoy with a stout cup of Darjeeling or your favorite blend!

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It's been a long time since I had a good egg sandwich.

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi Alex! Let me know if you try this one. It's a bit different, but I LOVE curry so this is a favorite.