I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, September 7, 2015

Chivalrous by Dina L. Sleiman

I was so excited to receive this in the mail!
Order here
Chivalrous is the second in Dina L. Sleiman's Valiant Hearts Series, medieval-set stories of adventure, faith, and romance written for the Christian Young Adult Market. I thoroughly enjoyed Dauntless, the first in the series, and was excited to dive back into that world with Chivalrous.

I'm not finished yet, but I can tell you:


  • I'm delighted there are books like this for Christian teens, including my daughter, who enjoy historical settings, a good plot, and a faith element.
  • You don't have to have read Dauntless to read Chivalrous, but if you have, you'll be happy to see characters return. (Yay, Allen!)
  • The heroines in this series are spunky, brave, and role-model worthy.
  • The book's dedication brought a tear to my eye.
  • Chivalrous is an Amazon #1 New Release.

Here's the back cover scoop:

Strong and adventurous Gwendolyn Barnes longs to be a knight like her chivalrous brothers. However, that is not an option for her, not even in the Arthurian-inspired Eden where she dwells. Her parents view her only as a marriage pawn, and her domineering father is determined to see her wed to a brutish man who will break her spirit. 

When handsome, good-hearted Allen of Ellsworth arrives in Edendale searching for his place in the world, Gwendolyn spies in him the sort of fellow she could imagine marrying. Yet fate seems determined to keep them apart. Tournaments, intrigue, and battles--along with twists and turns aplenty--await these two as they struggle to find love, identity, and their true destinies.



4 comments:

Karen Lange said...

I too, am glad to see books for teens (and us moms too). :) Thanks so much for the info. Will have to check it out!

Dina Sleiman said...

Thanks, Susie, for helping to spread the word!

Susanne Dietze said...

Karen, I think you'll enjoy it! I am always grateful to see quality books that are appropriate, entertaining, and edifying to my kids.

So glad you stopped by.

Susanne Dietze said...

I'm so happy for you, Dina! #1 New Release! Congrats!