I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, September 21, 2015

ACFW '15 in Pictures



I had so much fun at the American Christian Fiction Writers' Conference in Dallas, TX, Sept. 17-20. I made new friends, caught up with old ones, talked to my agent, pitched to editors, worked on craft in workshops, and brainstormed new ideas. (One thing I did little of: sleep!)

Here are some of my highlights:

My name badge had a new tag this year: AUTHOR!

I worked hard to earn that tag!
I roomed with Anita Mae Draper. She and I have novellas in the upcoming Austen in Austin collection!


Debra E. Marvin put our heads together to come up with an Edwardian gown for Thursday night's genre dinner. I bought the fabric and she came up with THIS:

Deb is a master! I felt like a princess!
For the first time, I could add something to the goodie table as a published author. I put out Bachelor postcards as well as Austen in Austin ones.
Can't wait for this book to come out in January!

Friday six of the Inkwell Inkies caught up for coffee, and a group of us met for dinner.
L-R: Anita Mae Draper, DeAnna Dodson (aka Julianna Deering), me, Jen AlLee, Lisa Richardson, and Debra Marvin
We took up two tables at dinner! I sat with Cynthia Hickey, Gina Welborn, Jen AlLee, and Lisa Richardson
I met some great people. Who knew Mary deMuth and I would have such excellent taste in clothes?
Twinsies!
Or me and my Bachelor collection co-contributor, Erica Vetch, for that matter?

Black and white stripes with red accents!
Kathleen Y'Barbo and I were not dressed alike, alas, but it was nevertheless fabulous to meet my Bachelor collection co-contributor.

Squee!
Other Bachelor authors were there, too. Cindy Hickey and Gina Welborn are so much fun.

Love these gals!
Vanetta Chapman is a doll. Such a sweet lady. Meeting her was a highlight!

She signed my book! Squee!
At the Gala, we celebrated the best of Christian fiction. This was a time to dress up, eat a sumptuous feast of filet and salmon, and enjoy one another's company.

L-R: Lisa Richardson, Patty Smith Hall, Anita Mae Draper, Cynthia Hickey, Bonnie Calhoun, Gina Welborn, me and Debra Marvin, 

Here I am with my agent, Tamela Hancock Murray.


So much fun! Now I get the privilege of going through my notes, implementing what I learned, and getting down to the business of writing. I'm working on something fun I can't wait to tell you about!

But first...I think I need a nap. I bet other conference attendees feel the same way.

2 comments:

Karen Lange said...

I hope you got that nap! Looks like you had a wonderful time. So happy for you. :) Thanks for sharing with us!

Susanne Dietze said...

I had two naps, Karen! :) I wish you could have been there, too. One of these days we'll meet in person!

Thanks so much for coming by.