I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Green Bean Salad with Dill~Summer Garden to Summer Table!



I grow dill weed in my garden every year. I love it with just about anything: in tuna salad, with eggs, sprinkled over steamed carrots...yum. It's a delicate, pretty plant, but I have to keep a watchful eye on it in my hot climate. It dries out fast, and it tries to go to seed a lot faster than I want it to.

But it's worth it, especially in recipes like this one, which is a perfect salad for a hot day.

If you don't grow dill in your garden, no worries. It's easy to substitute dried for fresh.

Green Bean Salad with Dill and Mustard

2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into pieces, and boiled until tender-crisp OR a 32 ounce bag frozen green beans, defrosted
1/4 cup diced red onion
2 T fresh minced dill weed OR 2 t. dried dill weed
2 T olive oil
1 1/2 T dijon mustard
1 T red wine vinegar
1 T balsamic vinegar
1 t sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Cool beans, if cooked.

Place beans in a bowl with dill and onions.

Whisk together remaining ingredients and toss with salad. Refrigerate to let flavors mingle.

Set salad out before serving; it tastes best when it's closer to room temperature.

2 comments:

Karen Lange said...

This looks delicious. I think I need to try it. Thanks so much for the recipe! :)

Susanne Dietze said...

Thanks, Karen! I hope you enjoy it. Blessings!