I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Announcing...a SALE!

I am so happy to announce a sale!

Isn't it beautiful? More on the cover in a minute.

A few years back, some of the collaborators at Inkwell Inspirations blog were chatting about Jane Austen books. Anita Mae Draper said she might like Mr. Darcy better if he wore a Stetson. And then...

kaboom! Eight of us at the Inkwell got busy retelling Austen stories, set in historical Austin, Texas, centered around a very special institution. We were excited, joyful, and delighted to be writing something TOGETHER.

My story, One Word From You, is Pride and Prejudice, 1883-Texas style. To get feedback on it, I entered it in the novella category of the ACFW Genesis contest back in 2013.

Unfortunately, the novella category folded due to lack of entries. I had an option at that point: withdraw, or place my novella into the Historical Romance category.

I chose to go the Historical Romance route, but with trepidation. I seriously doubted my little 20K word novella would hold up against 80-100K word novels, but I hoped I would receive some good comments from judges, and maybe even some encouragement.

It turned out the story finaled. And even though I believed it wouldn't win the Genesis, it did.

You can't imagine how exciting it is to see this story go to print. It's a thrill and honor that WhiteFire accepted the novellas, and it's humbling and delightful to share this with women who've walked with me since the earliest days of my writing career. We shared this dream together. A-ma-zing!

Oh, and the cover...Roseanna White does such amazing work! I teared up when I saw this. She is as gifted a cover-designer as she is a writer.

Austen in Austin will release in two volumes. The first, which includes my story, releases January of 2016 and is available for preorder on Amazon!

8 comments:

Karen Lange said...

Yay, yay, yay! So excited for you, and cannot wait to read the book! Love the cover. Congratulations to you, Susie, and to your Inkwell friends as well! :)

Suzie Johnson said...

Yay, Susie! I'm so excited about this! I was so happy when you won the Genesis. :-)

Suzie Johnson said...

Yay, Susie! I'm so excited about this! I was so happy when you won the Genesis. :-)

Janella said...

Congrats...what a fun and creative spin on Jane Austen!

Susanne Dietze said...

Thanks, Karen! It's such a joy to share this with the Inkies.

And I agree on the cover. Roseanna does a wonderful job! She is so talented!

Susanne Dietze said...

Thank you, Suzie! Congratulations to you, too! And thank you for reading over my story to help me!

Susanne Dietze said...

Thank you, Janella! It was so much fun to write.

Anita Mae Draper said...

I loved working on this project with you and the Inkies. So happy you are a part of it.