Carrie Fancett Pagels, Ph.D., Tagline, “Hearts Overcoming Through Time,” is the author of The Lumberjacks’ Ball (April, 215) an Amazon Christian Historical Romance bestseller. The Fruitcake Challenge (September, 2014) was a Family Fiction finalist for Book of the Year and is a Selah Award finalist. Lilacs for Juliana releases in 2015 and is the third novella in The Christy Lumber Camp Series. Saving the Marquise’s Granddaughter (White Rose/Pelican) releases in 2015. Her short story, “Snowed In,” appears in Guidepost Books’ A Christmas Cup of Cheer (2013). She’s the Amazon best-selling and top-rated author of Return to Shirley Plantation: A Civil War Romance (2013). Her Historical Category winner, “The Quilting Contest,” is published in Family Fiction’s The Story 2014 anthology (Salem Publishing). Carrie received Honorable Mention for the 2014 Maggie Awards for Excellence. Administrates two popular group blogs: www.OvercomingWithGod.com and www.ColonialQuills.org. Former psychologist (25 years), married mother of two.
Carrie's Ten Things
Maybe you don’t know these ten things about me but since I’m so chatting and all over the internet, maybe you do!
1) I am a bona fide Yooper woman, having grown up in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula AKA Frozen Tundra (that’s what “Mr. Chicago”, my husband, calls it!)
2) I am also a bona fide Southern woman, having lived over thirty years in the south! My ancestors (if the genealogy is correct) were some of the early settlers in the very area I now live in here in Tidewater Virginia! And I have more “creds” than that in the south, some I recently found out about that were a little shocking (to me at least!)
3) I have TWO engineers in my family and another who says he wants to be one! My husband is a graduate of the United States Merchant Marine Academy (on Long Island) with a mechanical engineering degree and my daughter is a graduate of the University of Virginia, electrical engineering.
4) I have a PhD in school psychology from the University of South Carolina and was a psychologist for 25 years. I am listed in multiple issues of Who’s Who, was an NIMH Fellowship recipient, have worked/taught in a medical school and a university, my doctoral dissertation is cited in an encyclopedia of research on stepfamilies making it a seminal work, I worked in a state hospital, a state pre-school, school districts, and mostly in private practice, too. I have presented at national conferences and have published in my field.
5) I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and other arthritis or I’d still be doing #4! But God had other plans.
6) I firmly believe a life without some pink in it is a sad life! ;)
7) I have a child who is overcoming ASD. Prayers appreciated. Much progress already, PTL!
8) I love to bake but I rarely follow a recipe exactly. So some of my creations are a little “different” and also when people ask for my recipe I have to hedge! And I really do love a fruitcake made properly! The first book in The Christy Lumbercamp Series, The Fruitcake Challenge, includes a storyline where cooks came up with all kinds of various fruited cakes and breads reflecting many different countries. I prefer a solid pound cake with some tropical fruit in it and some of the standard dried fruits, lots of different nuts, but NO raisins!
9) I have hardly been able to walk for the past three years but PTL after the latest procedure it looks very promising!! The surgery I had on my foot last year didn’t calm the Achilles tendon enough so I had PRP done, which I think has helped. First I have to recover from my open gall bladder surgery, though, to really test that out!
10) I do NOT like writing in isolation. I LOVE having fellow reader/reviewer/bloggers who support and encourage me on the Overcoming With God blog www.OvercomingwithGod.com. Diana, Teresa, Noela, and Bonnie have been amazing. I’ve also leaned heavily on accountability partners Julie, Sarah, and Melanie. And I’ve got an amazing group of encouragers and promoters in my Carrie Fancett Pagels’ Pals group on Facebook which was a GREAT support for my current Amazon bestselling book The Lumberjacks’ Ball. I also LOVE the tea parties we have with Colonial Quills blog, and with other authors (We have a huge 7-author party event “Time for Tea & Romance” on Facebook on Tuesday June 23rd with Carrie Turansky, Melissa Jagears, Julie Lessman, MaryLu Tyndall, Tamera Alexander, Gina Welborn, and myself.)
~Thank you, Carrie!
I love learning more about you!~
GIVEAWAY: Winners choice: A pair of teapot earrings, ebook copies of The Fruitcake Challenge, The Lumberjacks’ Ball, and Return to Shirley Plantation: A Civil War Romance, OR a paperback copy of one of those three books.
Love, love, love engaging with readers—so please leave a comment to enter!!!
Giveaway ends Friday, June 19, 11:59pm EDT.
Head over to Inkwell Inspirations today for another chance to win one of Carrie's books and to learn about her upcoming Facebook party! Her parties are so much fun!