I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, June 1, 2015

Summer Reading!



Ahh, summer. Warmer weather, slower pace, cooking over the grill...I have been ready for this for a long time.

One kid is in summer school, freeing up an elective period, so we aren't entirely footloose-and-fancy-free around here. Nevertheless, there are popsicles aplenty and a little bit of downtime.

I fully intend to camp out in a lounge chair with a tall glass of lemonade and dig into my To-Be-Read stack. A little research. A little spiritual direction. A bit of fiction, of course.

My kindle is dying (sad face!) but I need to get a new one ASAP so I can dig in to the novellas I downloaded by the talented Carrie Fancett Pagels, like The Lumberjack's Ball. They'll be perfect reading while I recover from a little procedure.
only 99 cents on Amazon Kindle!

Also on top of the list are Barbour's Oregon Trail Romance Collection and The Convenient Bride  Collection. Squee!


Amazon link

 
Amazon link

I'm also going to read One Thousand Gifts to help me focus on being grateful.
Amazon link

How about you? What are you reading this summer?

2 comments:

tammy cordery said...

They look like great books you are going to read. I love them all. Do you do your reading on a tablet or by paper?

Susanne Dietze said...

Both, Tammy! I love the feel of a book in my hands, but I definitely read books on my kindle, too. How about you?