Susie, thank you so much for having me today! I’m so excited to get to share a little about myself. When you mentioned doing “ten things about me,” it sounded so easy, but when you really get down to it, it’s not near as easy as it sounds. I hope your readers will find my ten things interesting or entertaining.
1. I’m a wife going on 8 years of marriage. I’m also a mom/step-mom, and grandma. My step-son is 28, my son is 17, and my grandson is 5.
2. I love animals and currently have two dogs and two cats—all rescues. I’d have LOTS more if my husband would agree, but he shows great wisdom, a level head, and immense restraint in not giving in to my animal whims. ;)
3. I’ve lived all my life in the suburbs of several Midwestern or East coast states, yet my favorite genre to write is westerns and western romance.
4. The whole reason I started writing was because a school friend told me that she was writing a novel. As a very competitive child, I saw her pronouncement as a challenge. I told myself, “If she can write, I can write better.” I was 12 years old and in the 7th grade…and I haven’t stopped writing since.
5. When I’m not focused on my writing, I enjoy various crafts. My latest favorite is paper quilling (twirling thin strips of colored paper into coils and other shapes). You can check out all kinds of fun samples on my Pinterest boards (https://www.pinterest.com/jenuhlarik/). No, the samples on Pinterest aren’t *my* work—just work I admire.
6. I’m the youngest of three children and the only girl.
7. In my adult life, I have worked temp work, was a marketing director in a financial planning office, a business owner of a screenprinting and embroidery shop, an office manager, and a school teacher. I’m now a stay-at-home mom.
8. I prefer action movies to chick flicks most of the time.
9. I’m a firm believer in taking naps.
10. I’m not much of a sports fan, but my husband got me into watching Major League Baseball in 2008, and I love it. (Go Rays!)
Thanks so much for sharing with us, Jen! We have a lot in common, including an appreciation for a well-timed nap.
Jennifer has graciously offered a copy of her debut release, The Oregon Trail Romance Collection, to one lucky, randomly-chosen winner! To enter, leave a comment by 11:50 PM EST on Thursday, April 16. I'll announce the winner here!
|Available on Amazon!|
Be sure to leave a comment to enter the giveaway, and say hi to Jen!