I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

YeeHaw! I Sold A Cowboy Novella!


Happy News! I sold a novella to Barbour for The Cowboy's Bride Collection.

It's called For a Song. Set in 1858 South Texas, it's a tale about family--the kind we're born into and the kind we make with those God sets in our lives.

Two songbirds, red and yellow—a straightforward order for an upstanding widowed rancher’s lonely daughter. But when a sister-act of saloon singers (a redhead and a blonde) arrives on the stagecoach expecting him to give them a job, his daughter changes her tune and starts singing not for a pet, but a pretty ginger-haired Mama.

Lily Kimball (The Paradise on PBS)
Red-haired Lily Kimball dreams of singing on stage like famous opera singer Jenny Lind. But fate--or God--has other plans for her.
Unidentified Girl with Ringlets, circa 1850's
Georgia Bridge wants pet birds. And a mother.


Jackson Bridge (Sam Reid)
Hero Jackson Bridge: South Texas rancher with double trouble on his hands.
 
Victorian Graphic- Girl with Birdcage, Bird, Cat - The Graphics Fairy
Here's the picture that started it all: a Victorian girl and her songbird.
There are eight other authors in the collection, but not all of them have announced, so I can't share who they are yet. But I will say that there are some phenomenal authors in the group, and I'm honored to be in a collection with them.

The Cowboy's Bride is set to release in March, 2016. A whole year away! But the manuscript is due in a few weeks, so I'm busy with rewrites and finishing touches.

I'll let you know when the cover is released! I can't wait to see it.

Thanks for celebrating with me!

If you'd like to see more pics, here's my story board on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/susannedietze/for-a-song/

6 comments:

Jessica Snell said...

Yay! Many, many congratulations!

Anne Mateer said...

Awesome! Congrats!

Susanne Dietze said...

Thank you, Jessica! I am so excited!

Susanne Dietze said...

Thanks, Anne! I feel so honored.

J.Grace said...

Congrats, I love your images you posted.

Susanne Dietze said...

J. Grace, thank you so much! I'm glad you liked the images. I really enjoy using storyboards to help me with story ideas. Thanks for stopping by!