I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, December 15, 2014

Welcome Debbie Lynne Costello...and a Giveaway!

Thanks to Debbie Lynne for being here today!
Debbie Lynne has enjoyed writing stories since she was about eight years old. She raised her family and then embarked on her own career of writing the stories that had been begging to be told. She and her husband have four children and live in upstate South Carolina. She has worked in many capacities in her church and is currently the Children’s director. Debbie Lynne has shown and raised Shetland sheepdogs for eighteen years and still enjoys litters now and then. In their spare time, her and her husband enjoy camping and riding their Arabian and Tennessee Walking horses.
 
***

Thank you for having me on your blog, Susanne. I’m looking forward to meeting your followers and chatting with them. I’m giving away a signed copy of volume 3 A Cup of Christmas Cheer, Heartwarming Tales of Christmas Past. To be entered I’d love to hear from you. Tell me some random information about you. I’d love to get to know you.  

 Let me see…ten things about myself.

1)      First thing would have to be that I am super sentimental! Oh, I want to keep so many things for memory keepsakes.

2)      I love Christmas and have so much decorations that my husband swears the attic is going to collapse.

3)      I raise Shetland sheepdogs aka shelties and have a litter right now.

4)      We plan to visit Scotland. My family genealogy has been traced back to 12th century Scotland.

5)      We were so poor in our first few years of marriage that I cut up curtains to make maternity clothes and then after the baby arrived I cut up my clothes to make baby clothes.

6)      I would choose camping in our fifth wheel over a motel any day.

7)      I cheered in high school and college and then coached cheerleading for over 10 years.

8)      I love animals and will go out of my way to help one in need. We’ve had lizards, chickens, rabbits, gerbils, hamsters, prairie dog, birds, cats, dogs, miniature donkey, and horses. Thank goodness we didn’t have them all at the same time. I do draw the line on pet spiders. EEEEKKK!

9)      I love anything coconut.

10)  One of my favorite things to do is ride horses with my husband—r & r—relaxing and romantic.
 
***
 
Thank you, Debbie Lynne! We have a lot in common...Christmas, genealogy, and coconut, for starters!
 
***
Don't forget to leave a comment with a way to contact you to be entered into the drawing before Thursday, Dec 18, 11:59 pm PST (winner announced Friday, Dec 19)! Cup of Christmas Cheer is a keeper, just the sort of book I leave out all December long. The stories are short but full of holiday spirit. I can't say it enough: enter to win this book! You'll love it!
Christmas Cheer Volume 3
Available from Guideposts! Click here.
 
Here's a bit about Debbie Lynne's story:
 

      A recent WWII widow receives a mysterious letter seeking reconciliation with her in-laws, but when she goes for a visit only her father-in-law seems to be interested in mending fences. But as the days pass mother-in-law and daughter-in-law learn a little about themselves and the true meaning of forgiveness.




34 comments:

Debbie Lynne Costello said...

Thank you for having me Susanne! I'm excited to meet and chat with your followers. So you love coconut, too! Just can't get enough of that stuff.

Deanna Stevens said...

What a nice collection of Christmas stories, I enjoyed meeting you today, I too love coconut!
dkstevensne AT outlook DoT COm

Susanne Dietze said...

Debbie Lynne, I'm so excited you're here today sharing with us! Love your list (and yes, I LOVE coconut. Maybe there's an old Almond Joy from Halloween somewhere on my desk...)

Thanks for sharing with us and offering a copy of CoCC!

Susanne Dietze said...

Deanna, you're entered into the drawing! These collections are true keepers.

Sounds like we have quite a coconut club going on this morning!

Debbie Lynne Costello said...

Hey Deanna! Thanks for stopping by. Yay! another coconut lover! None of my men like coconut so it is one candy I never have to worry about getting eaten. LOL>

Susanne Dietze said...

Now I'm hungry for macaroons.

Lori Weller said...

Coconut cream eggs at easter are the only thing I eat! I just love my mom's homemade ones.
ldwrncpn(at)comcast(dot)net

Regina Fujitani said...

What a great interview! I too, love coconut, Christmas, and genealogy (although I haven't had time lately). I agree with you about spiders! My daughter and I had our share of pets, too; except for horses and cows, it wa mainly birds, a guinea pig, hamsters, and dog. Now our family (hubs is in the picture this time) we've owned cats for four years. I prefer cats over anything else!

fujitanis3 (at) gmail (dot) com

Caryl Kane said...

Thank you Susanne for hosting Debbie Lynne. Debbie Lynn, I enjoyed reading your list of random facts. I am also a dog lover. I enjoy counted cross-stitch.

psalm103and138[at]gmail[dot]com

Susanne Dietze said...

Lori, I bet your mom has a fabulous recipe for those coconut cream eggs! Yum!

Thanks for visiting. You're entered into the drawing!

Susanne Dietze said...

Regina, I've had to put my genealogy hobby on hold for a while, too. It's hard to do when things get busy.

You're entered into the drawing!

Susanne Dietze said...

Good morning, Caryl! So glad you could visit! I need to learn how to cross stitch. It's been on my list of things to try for a long time!

You're entered into the drawing!

Karen Lange said...

Susie, thanks for the intro to Debbie! It's so much fun to get to know other writers. Wishing her all the best with her books. :)

Thanks for offering the giveaway!
Blessings to you and yours,
Karen
klange61AThotmailDOTcom

Susanne Dietze said...

Karen, I love getting to know other writers, too. Such an encouragement!

You're entered into the drawing!

Barbara Thompson said...

Love your post. I recently became disabled because of a medical error, so my precious Mother lives with me and takes care of things. She has a dog that doesn't believes she's a dog. Her name is Prissy. She's a diva and owns the house, me and Mom. We love her. Thank you for the opportunity of this giveaway.

Barbara Thompson
barbmaci61(at)yahoo(dot)com

Karen G. said...

This is the first I've heard of the book and the first two. I tried to find them on Amazon but they were not available. Was hoping to use my gift card for the first two. Would love to win book three. Thank you for the chance.
kmgervais(at)nycap(dot)rr(dot)com

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi Barbara! Prissy sounds like a fun dog. She's got spunk!

You're entered into the drawing! Thanks for coming by.

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi Karen G! I'm so glad you looked for the Cup of Christmas Cheer books; they really are fun holiday reads. Unfortunately, they aren't available on Amazon, but they can be purchased from Guideposts:
https://www.shopguideposts.org/christmascheerblog

You're entered into the drawing for volume 3! Thanks for coming by.

Debbie Lynne Costello said...

Lori, I've never had homemade coconut cream eggs. They sound so good! I may have to try and find a recipe for those!

Debbie Lynne Costello said...

Regina, I think we may need to start a Coconut lovers Facebook page. LOL. Animals add so much to our lives. I think it is wonderful that God gave them to us. He knew the spot that only our furry animals could fill. :o)

Debbie Lynne Costello said...

Hey Caryl! I love my dogs! I saw a sign this week that said, DOGS ARE LIKE POTATO CHIPS YOU CAN'T HAVE JUST ONE. And that is so the case for me. I've done counted cross-stitch but I prefer smocking over it. My daughter loves to do counted cross-stitch, though. It's harder on the eyes as I get older so I don't do it nearly as much.

Debbie Lynne Costello said...

Good Morning, Karen L. It's nice to meet another fellow author. Thank you so much for the well wishes. Such an exciting time for me!

Debbie Lynne Costello said...

Hey Barbara! Thanks for coming by. I had to giggle about the dog that doesn't know she is a dog. We've had those before. There just seem to be some personalities in dogs where they are just sure they are no different than us. LOL> I'm sorry about your disability, but so glad you have such a wonderful mother to bless you and stay with you! Good luck in the drawing!

Debbie Lynne Costello said...

Hey Karen, Unfortunately the only way to purchase these books is through Guideposts Books. But I'm so glad that you want them! They make a wonderful holiday read and are stories you can read year after year with all the rich and fulfilling stories of love, forgiveness, and reconciliation along with lots more!

Carolyn H. said...

I would like to be entered in the drawing! I love the premise of the book, and especially liked the title, "A Cup of Christmas Cheer" – how adorable is that?
Merry Christmas!!
Randomgirl2008@live.com

Carolyn H. said...

Also - some background about me :-) i'm a BIG animal lover, a fan of theater (and I like to perform sometimes, too) and Christmas is my favorite time of year! xx

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi Carolyn! The book is absolutely a treat. You're entered into the drawing! Christmas is my favorite time of year, too. Are you performing in any Christmas productions? Just saw our local ballet and symphony's performance of the Nutcracker. I cannot dance but it was wonderful.

KayM said...

I'm very sentimental, also, and have saved so many things over the years. I've been paring down my keepsakes and passing on as many items as possible to my daughters, grandchildren and others. Looking forward to reading your story, Debbie Lynne.
may_dayzee (AT) yahoo (DOT) com

Susanne Dietze said...

I'm sentimental, too, Kay. One of the best parts of Christmas is unpacking ornaments and treasures from years past and remembering the people and places they came from!

You're entered into the drawing. Thanks for coming by!

Debbie Lynne Costello said...

Hey Carolyn! I love the name to! It fits a Christmas Story book! So much to be thankful for on our Savior's birth. I love to go to theaters but I don't think I could be in one! That is really neat that you do. Thanks for coming by!

Debbie Lynne Costello said...

Kay!!!! Hey! Thank you for coming by! It's nice to hear I'm not the only one who holds onto things that are sentimental. I have passed some things on to my daughter and now that my son is married will do the same for him.

Nardos said...

Random fact: I'm named after my great grandfather (Nardos) even though I'm a girl. :) I've grown to like the name though. When I was younger I didn't appreciate it.

nardosyestad@hotmail.com

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi Nardos! How cool to be named after your g-grandfather. What a neat legacy!

You're entered into the drawing!

Debbie Lynne Costello said...

Nardos, I love your name! But I know what you mean. We learn to appreciate things more as we get older. Thanks for coming by!