I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, November 3, 2014

Now that it's November...

  • I'll make my super easy pumpkin cake (1 can pumpkin + 1 box spice cake mix, bake at 350 for half an hour). Not the healthiest recipe, but it's so fast...and sometimes fast is what gets things done.
  • I'm drinking a lot of hot apple cider. Warms my hands and tummy, and tastes like autumn.
  • I'm curious to see which of my neighbors will begin decorating for Christmas first.
  • I may not decorate, but I might give in and listen to some Christmas music while I write or drive in the car--alone, so my family doesn't laugh at me.
  • Yep, I've already started Christmas shopping.
  • I'm also reading Christmas books, including Cup of Christmas Cheer from Guideposts! A few of my friends have stories in this year's volumes (3 and 4) and I was privileged to critique one. These are the sorts of books I leave out every December for family members or guests to curl up with; they are short stories big in holiday spirit.
  • Thanksgiving is coming! What will I do differently this year? I'm always shaking up side dishes.
  • I'm working on NaNoWriMo, trying to write 50K words in 30 days. So far, so good. But it's a busy month, so I expect a few challenges.

How about you? What are you up to, now that it's November?

No comments: