I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Chugging Along

How's your November going?

I'm still plugging along on NaNoWriMo, but I admit it's not going as fruitfully as I'd hoped. November is a busy month with my family, and we've had a few extras piled on to the usual sources of busyness. Isn't that how life always goes?

I'm tired. Worn out. Weary.

I'm spiritually tired, too. Seems like some things are tough to get over. Other things, I'm not sure why I bother. Sometimes doing the right thing doesn't appear to bear any fruit.

Ever feel like that?

But I'm determined not to give up.

James 1:12

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
 

2 Thessalonians 3:13

And as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right.
 

Ecclesiastes 9:11

I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.
 

Galatians 6:9

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
 
 
This November, I look forward to reaping a harvest that will never spoil or decay. Even if I don't see that day for years to come.

No comments: