I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Ten Things with Author Sandra Ardoin!

Welcome Sandra!



Sandra Ardoin is a multi-published author of short fiction who writes inspirational historical romance. Her Christmas novella, The Yuletide Angel, recently released. She’s the married mother of a young adult and lives in North Carolina.
 
Visit her at www.sandraardoin.com and on the Seriously Write blog. Connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, and Pinterest. Sign up for her newsletter.

Sandra's Ten Things:


1) I had my jaw broken … on purpose. Do you know how hard it is to eat a blenderized burrito? But after a week or so of a liquid diet, it was worth the effort.

2) I’ve been called a late bloomer and, yes, it’s the story of my life. For instance, I didn’t marry until I was thirty-one and had my child at thirty-five. While most of my friends are grandparents … well, maybe one day.


3) As a writer, I’m a hybrid—part plotter, part pantser. I like to have an idea of where I’m going and how I’ll eventually get there. But I’m too impatient to start the journey to plot out the entire trip.

4) I once rode my pony in a parade. Can we say, “Long day!”?

5) I’m the only one in the family who likes raisins … and cucumbers … and tomatoes. What is wrong with those people?

6) I burn myself on the oven more times than not. I’d try not to use it, but my family likes to eat.

 7) I love watching sports on TV—NFL, NASCAR. I used to watch PBR, but can’t find it anymore on my non-cable stations. I enjoy the “here and now” competition, but I am not a stats keeper. Generally, in six months, the identity of the last Super Bowl winner eludes me.

8) I used to write and sell poster quotes. Many were education/attitude-related, and one appeared in a movie. “Life has rules. Play fair.” J

9) We still own (and drive) the Camry my husband and I bought new two weeks after our wedding—27 years ago. In truth, my daughter drives it now. It’s been in and out of the auto hospital a few times, pitted by a Texas hail storm, and banged up by accident, but it still runs.

10) Favorite food: Mexican, preferably Tex-Mex
      Least favorite: Any vegetable with a “good for you” label.

Thanks, Sandra! I love Mexican Food too.

What an intriguing cover!
 The Yuletide Angel:

It's Christmastime in 1890s Meadowmead, and someone is venturing out at night to leave packages at the homes of the needy. Dubbed The Yuletide Angel, no one knows the identity of this mysterious benefactor.

No one, except Hugh Barnes, a confirmed bachelor who finds himself drawn to the outwardly shy but inwardly bold Violet Madison, a young woman who risks her safety to help others.

When Violet confesses her fear of eviction from her childhood home, Hugh longs to rescue her. His good intentions are thwarted, however, when Hugh's estranged brother shows up in town ... and in Violet's company.

But Violet faces an even bigger threat. A phantom figure lurks in the shadows, prepared to clip the wings of The Yuletide Angel.

***



Sounds like a fun holiday read! Thanks, Sandra!

 
 

11 comments:

Sandra Ardoin said...

Thank you for having me on your blog, today, Susanne!

Jennifer said...

I love TV sports too. Was flipping between football and NASCAR yesterday...

Sandra Ardoin said...

We don't have cable, Jennifer, so I can't "watch" NASCAR when it isn't on the networks. That's when I watch it on the computer. What a bad day yesterday! My Panthers were humiliated and Jr. was eliminated from the chase. :( I hope your team won!

Susanne Dietze said...

So pleased to welcome you here today, Sandra! Thanks for sharing with us!

I always wondered who writes the slogans on posters. What a fun job!

Congratulations on Yuletide Angel!

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi Jennifer! So glad to have you here today!

Karen Lange said...

Susie, thanks so much for the intro to Sandra. I always enjoy meeting writers and learning about their processes. Have a great week!

Sandra Ardoin said...

Thank you, Karen! :)

Susanne Dietze said...

One of my readers is having difficulty posting a comment, but she got a kick out of you blenderizing your burrito!

Sandra Ardoin said...

True story. It didn't work very well, but as they say, "desperate times call for desperate measures," and I was desperate!

Susanne Dietze said...

Oh, you poor thing, Sandra! That must have been so frustrating!

Sandra Ardoin said...

It had it's frustrating moments. :)