I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Goodnight Mr. Darcy


This goes under the Why Didn't I Think of This category:
Goodnight Mr. Darcy



I love Goodnight Moon. I love Pride & Prejudice. This looks like a fabulous mash-up.

Here's the blurb:

The adored children’s classic Goodnight Moon gets a classic lit makeover in this charming parody of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice novel. All of Austen’s much-loved characters are at the Netherfield Ball. In the great ballroom, there was a country dance, and a well-played tune, and Elizabeth Bennett; and Mr. Darcy surprised, by a pair of fine eyes . . . And don’t forget Jane with a blush and Mr. Bingley turned to mush, and a gossiping mother and father saying hush. Parents and toddlers alike will enjoy this new take on Austen’s timeless work à la Goodnight Moon.

I'll have to place this on my Christmas list; it will be a nice addition to my BabyLit collection!

What about you? Do you enjoy "kid versions" of adult books?



No comments: