I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

#amwriting

If you're on Twitter, you may have seen this hashtag:

#amwriting

Lots of writers use it when they pop into Twitter on a writing break to share something pertinent about the writing process, or divulge how distracted they are.

It's also a nice way to let people know what you're up to, or to feel a sense of camaraderie when you see a buddy who's busy writing too.

This week, I #amwriting. Seriously. It's not been easy to do since June, although I've kept on hacking away on the keyboard. Summer has a way of slowing my family down in some ways, speeding us up in others. 

#amdrivingkidstoactivities
#amhosting
#amcookingforacrowd
#amtraveling
#amlookingatcolleges
#ambusierthanduringtheschoolyear
 
 
But for me, this also means:
#amslowwriting

Nevertheless, this summer, I'm keenly aware of another occupation of mine:

#amenjoyingkidsbeforetheygrowup

I don't regret the board games or silliness or road trips we've enjoyed this summer. Still, with every season, life requires balance, and writing is an important part of my life.

So this week, I
#ambacktoschoolshopping
#amdrivingkids
#amwishingforanap

But also, I

#amwriting

Balance. Not easy to maintain, but I'm working on it.

No comments: