I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, July 21, 2014

Tabbouleh from my Garden

One of the best things about summer is the produce that grows right in my very own yard.

This year we've had a bumper crop of plums, which has been fabulous. A few peaches, a few nectarines, both delicious, but the plums have been in their element.

I also grow tomatoes, parsley, and mint, which constitute a large portion of tabbouleh, one of my family's favorites hot weather meals.


It's healthy and delicious. Let me know if you try it!

Tabbouleh Salad


2/3 c. bulgur wheat
1 lg bunch parsley, chopped
Mint sprigs, to taste (I like a handful), chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 T. olive oil
Juice of 1 juicy lemon
few dashes allspice
1 t. minced garlic, optional

Optional add ins: garbanzo beans, cucumbers

Cook bulgur wheat according to package directions and let cool. Combine all ingredients with bulgur wheat and refrigerate until ready to serve.

That's it! Enjoy.

No comments: