The desire to write historical fiction has long been a passion with Brenda B. Taylor. Since elementary school, she has written stories in her spare time. Brenda earned three degrees: a BSE from Henderson State University, Arkadelphia, Arkansas; a MEd from Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas; and an EdD from Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas; then worked as a teacher and administrator in the Texas Public School system. Only after retirement could she fulfill the dream of publication.
Brenda and her husband make their home in beautiful East Texas where they enjoy spending time with family and friends, traveling, and working in Bethabara Faith Ministry, Inc. She crafts stories about the extraordinary lives of ordinary people in her favorite place overlooking bird feeders, bird houses, and a variety of blooming trees and flowers. She sincerely thanks all who purchase and read her books. Her desire is that the message in each book will touch the heart of the reader as it did hers in the writing.
Ten Things About Brenda:
Ten Things About Brenda:
1. Having a desire to write since childhood, I finally put pen to paper and wrote an inspirational historical novel after retirement.
2. I retired from the position of elementary school principal after serving as a teacher and school administrator in the Texas public schools.
3. My interest in all things Scottish was stirred when I discovered an ancestor emigrated from Scotland to North Carolina in the early 1800’s. We have no record of where he lived in Scotland, only that he was born there.
4. My ancestral clan is Clan Munro. My husband and I are traveling to Scotland this summer and attending a Clan Munro gathering. This is my third visit to Scotland.
5. Scotland is one of my favorite places to visit because I am researching a series of Scottish historical novels. The first, A Highland Pearl, will be released in August.
6. Texas A&M University maroon is my favorite color.
7. I favor Texas winters over summer. A cozy fire on the hearth and a cup of hot chocolate with a love story on television are some of my favorite things.
8. The activity I enjoy most, other than writing, is playing the organ for my church.
9. My husband and I have traveled throughout the United States and Canada in our RV.
10. Through the years I have discovered—life is what you make it. Life can be interesting and challenging or boring and uneventful. All depends on the choices you make and your attitude.
To buy Brenda's books, visit here:
Don't forget to leave a comment by 11:59 PDT Thursday, June 19. A winner will be announced here Friday, June 20.