I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, June 16, 2014

Ten Things with Author Brenda Taylor--and a Giveaway!

Welcome Brenda Taylor!

The desire to write historical fiction has long been a passion with Brenda B. Taylor. Since elementary school, she has written stories in her spare time. Brenda earned three degrees: a BSE from Henderson State University, Arkadelphia, Arkansas; a MEd from Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas; and an EdD from Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas; then worked as a teacher and administrator in the Texas Public School system. Only after retirement could she fulfill the dream of publication.

Brenda and her husband make their home in beautiful East Texas where they enjoy spending time with family and friends, traveling, and working in Bethabara Faith Ministry, Inc. She crafts stories about the extraordinary lives of ordinary people in her favorite place overlooking bird feeders, bird houses, and a variety of blooming trees and flowers. She sincerely thanks all who purchase and read her books. Her desire is that the message in each book will touch the heart of the reader as it did hers in the writing.
 
Barbara has graciously offered to give a free ebook of her novel, Through the Storm. Be sure to leave a comment to enter the drawing!

Ten Things About Brenda:
 
Ten Things About Brenda:
1.      Having a desire to write since childhood, I finally put pen to paper and wrote an inspirational historical novel after retirement.
2.      I retired from the position of elementary school principal after serving as a teacher and school administrator in the Texas public schools.
3.      My interest in all things Scottish was stirred when I discovered an ancestor emigrated from Scotland to North Carolina in the early 1800’s. We have no record of where he lived in Scotland, only that he was born there.
4.      My ancestral clan is Clan Munro. My husband and I are traveling to Scotland this summer and attending a Clan Munro gathering. This is my third visit to Scotland.
5.      Scotland is one of my favorite places to visit because I am researching a series of Scottish historical novels. The first, A Highland Pearl, will be released in August.
6.      Texas A&M University maroon is my favorite color.
7.      I favor Texas winters over summer. A cozy fire on the hearth and a cup of hot chocolate with a love story on television are some of my favorite things.
8.      The activity I enjoy most, other than writing, is playing the organ for my church.
9.      My husband and I have traveled throughout the United States and Canada in our RV.
10.  Through the years I have discovered—life is what you make it. Life can be interesting and challenging or boring and uneventful. All depends on the choices you make and your attitude.


To buy Brenda's books, visit here:

 
Don't forget to leave a comment by 11:59 PDT Thursday, June 19. A winner will be announced here Friday, June 20.



 
 

 
 

19 comments:

Brenda B Taylor said...

Hello Susanne. Thanks for having me as your guest on Tea and a Good Book. I enjoyed writing ten things about myself others may not know.

Brenda B Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Lange said...

It's great to meet you, Brenda! Wishing you all the best! :)

Thanks, Susie, for the intro and for sharing this post. It's always nice to meet other writers.

Have a great week!
Karen
klange61AThotmailDOTcom

Susanne Dietze said...

Thanks so much for sharing with us, Brenda! What a treat to get to know you.

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi Karen! I, too, enjoy meeting other writers. I'm so glad you could come by. You're entered into the drawing!

Cynthia Luhrs said...

Wishing you lots of success with the books. I too love hot chocolate.

Susanne Dietze said...

Cynthia, hot chocolate is one of my favorites, too--doesn't matter the season.

You're entered into the drawing. Thanks for coming by!

Melissa Keir said...

It's always fun to learn more about you Brenda. I leave next week for my little camping vacation with our camper. I love seeing the state that way!

Brenda B Taylor said...

Thanks so much for stopping by Karen, Cynthia, and Melissa. Enjoy your camping trip, Melissa, and your hot chocolate, Cynthia. Great meeting you, Karen.

Amy C said...

Hi Brenda! What a great interview. I'm SO jealous that you are going to Scotland. :) I hope you have a safe trip.
Campbellamyd at gmail dot com

Susanne Dietze said...

Melissa, I'm so glad you came by. Have fun on your vacation! You're entered into the drawing.

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi AmyC! Doesn't a trip to Scotland sound fabulous? I wish I were going, too!

You're entered into the drawing.

karenk said...

a wonderful posting/thanks for the chance to read this fabulous story

karenk
kmkuka at yahoo dot com

Màiri Norris said...

Ah, Texas winters! They definitely beat Virginia summers. Enjoyed your post, Brenda! Best of luck on sales.

Brenda B Taylor said...

Thanks for visiting Amy, karenk, and Mairi. I am so looking forward to the cool of Scotland for two weeks during July. Texas gets pretty hot about that time.

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi Karenk! You're entered into the drawing--thanks for coming by to meet Brenda!

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi Mairi--try to stay cool in Virginia! Thanks for coming by. You're entered into the drawing!

Susanne Dietze said...

Congratulations to Karen Lange! Her name was chosen at random to win the copy of Brenda's book.

Thanks so much for joining us, Brenda, and offering the book!

Come by on Monday when Mary Ellis shares Ten Things and gives away a copy of her novel, A Plain Man.

Karen Lange said...

Was excited to learn I won the book! This is a nice surprise! Looking forward to reading it. Thank you, Susie and Brenda!

Happy weekend,
Karen