I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Friday, December 13, 2013

A Wild Goose Chase Christmas Blog Tour!



Upon her grandmother's death, Izzy Fontaine finds herself in possession of a Wild Goose Chase pattern quilt that supposedly leads to a great treasure.

Of course, once the rest of the family finds out about the "treasure map," they're determined to have a go at the treasure themselves. And, if that weren't enough, Max Logan, a local museum curator, contacts Izzy and says that Grandma Isabella promised him the quilt.

What is it about this quilt that makes everyone want it? Is Izzy on a wild goose chase of her own, or a journey that will lead her to the treasure her grandmother intended?

***
A Wild Goose Chase Christmas by Jennifer AlLee is just the sort of book I love to curl up with at this time of year. Funny, touching, with memorable characters and a steady infusion of Christmas woven throughout, it's a keeper.

AlLee's plots are always so tight that the pace flows rapidly. When I read her books, I realize I've been lost in the story a lot longer than I intended to be--but they're hard to put down! This book is no exception. The romantic journey between Max and Izzy is sweet, and the supporting characters are beyond enjoyable (especially Virgil. I wish he were real.). And of course, I love the Christmas spirit in this book. Sometimes Christmas-themed books don't have much holiday to them until the very end, but from the start, Izzy and Max are surrounded by decorations, carols, the gift-giving plan of a spunky Grandma before her death, and the True Meaning of the season, which makes for a festive delight.

Thanks to Abingdon for providing a copy of the book for my review.


For an excerpt, click here.

No comments: