I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, September 2, 2013

What to Pack to ACFW, Part Two, Plus a Regency Gown

I enlisted the help of the Inkwell Inkies and got some great advice as to what to pack when I leave for American Christian Fiction Writers' Conference. To read about what I learned, click here.

Speaking of Conference, I'm getting excited and really, really nervous. I'm working on pitches, one-sheets, planning my schedule, arranging transportation, and having a great time with Debra E. Marvin as we prepare my costume for the genre dinner. She is not only a talented writer and sweet friend, she's an imaginative, amazing seamstress and a very gracious gal.

The costume is so amazing (in my not-so-humble opinion) and it deserves its own blog post, with pictures. It'll be a fun post about Regency-era clothes, too, since Deb has gone out of her way to use era-authentic patterns for my chemise, stays, and gown. No zippers or buttons, folks. Just hooks and eyes, ribbon (tapes), and lots of lacing. I will get a good idea how Jane Austen and my Regency heroines felt.

Stay tuned!


5 comments:

J.Grace said...

I look foward to your pictures and reading about your experience with Regency era clothing.

Susanne Dietze said...

Thank you, J! I am so excited about the Regency gown. I can't wait to share all the details! :)

Karen Lange said...

Looking forward to it! Cheering you on in your preparations! :)

Gail Helgeson said...

Hi Susanne. Have a great time at the ACFW conference. I am looking forward to hearing all about it from lots of different writers points of view.
I am just starting on this writing journey as I was just at a conference with Susan May Warren back in July. I am new to My Book Therapy and plan on attending a conference in October. I am excited about enjoying this journey. Plan on entering some contests and going to next years ACFW.
"I wish you joy" as Jane Austen would pen.
May you be showered with God's blessings at the conference.
Warmly
Gail Helgeson

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi Gail. How wonderful to attend a conference with Susan May Warren and MBT! Keep on writing and best wishes on your journey toward publication. Thanks for the good wishes!