Today we Welcome Julianna Deering to Tea and a Good Book!
|Julianna is a multi-published author, and her latest release from Bethany House is a 1930's murder mystery!|
2. I love music. I played the oboe and the bassoon when I was in junior high and high school. I played the piano when I was in college. I sang with my church's music team for nearly eighteen years. I loved all of it, but sadly, I've let it all go. I miss it, too. Maybe someday I'll at least get back into singing.
3. I absolutely love NHL hockey. Yes, I was born and raised in Texas, so I came to the sport late in life, but it's tremendous fun to watch and I can't wait for the new season to start. Go Stars!
4. When I was growing up, I loved to read, but I had no plan whatsoever to be a writer. But I used to write episodes for my favorite TV shows. Just to entertain myself.
5. I have an idea for a fantasy/adventure story. I'm going to write it as soon as I get some free time. It's probably crazy and unsellable, but I want to write it anyway, even if nobody ever sees it but me.
6. I cannot be trusted around chocolate.
7. I love book series. I enjoy reading about the same characters over a long period of time. It's like spending time with old friends. However, I don't like it when a series becomes something very different from what it started out to be. If an author can't keep it interesting within the premise I liked in the first place, it's better just to end it.
8. I secretly want to direct movies and plays. I think that's why I write. I can have the greatest costumes and sets and actors all for the cost of a pencil and paper and a little imagination.
9. I love to sew. I'm a quilter mostly, but I also do cross stitch and embroidery. Right now I'm on a hand applique kick. It's a challenge at times, but I love it.
10. I have nothing, am nothing, and can do nothing apart from God through Jesus Christ.
|Mystery in the style of Agatha Christie and Dorothy Sayers!|
Thanks for sharing with us today, Julianna!