I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, August 5, 2013

I'm Ba-a-a-a-ck

The washing machine's on overload, my favorite dill weed plant is dead, and pigeons started to roost on my porch--yep, we took a vacation.

It was excellent. We really needed to get away as a family, to rest, refresh, and have some fun. We saw friends and family, ate good food, and took a few naps.

Fictionally speaking, I didn't write much at all. Now it's time to get back to work.


Hope your summer has been a delight. Are you ready to get back into the swing of things? Can you believe school's starting up again in a few weeks? I'm not. We just made the investment of a scientific calculator for Kid #1--ack!

2 comments:

Karen Lange said...

Glad you had a good time away! It is nice to be refreshed like that. :)

School started yesterday here, which seems really strange. When I was growing up in southern NJ, school started right after Labor Day.

Have a good weekend!

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi Karen! Oh boy, that is early for school starting. When I was a kid, we started after Labor Day, too. Summers seem so short now.

Hope you have a great weekend!