I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Bride for All Seasons

I have long-enjoyed novella collections. Sometimes, these collections of quick reads are just right for a cozy afternoon read or a vacation.

A Bride for All Seasons: The Mail Order  Bride Collection proved to be a delightful, historical romance read. The thread tying the novellas together is a rather interesting character named Melvin, publisher of  "The Hitching Post" catalog for mail-order brides (a practice that became popular after the Civil War). Melvin has a habit of "improving" applicant's letters to a dramatic effect...and his interference has great implications for all of our heroines and heroes!

"And Then Came Spring" is by Margaret Brownley. "An Ever-After Summer" is Debra Clopton's contribution, while Robin Lee Hatcher wrote "Autumn's Angel". The final novella in the collection is "Winter Wedding Bells" by Mary Connealy. They're all strong, multi-published authors (and all are represented by the same agent, as evidenced by their dedications to her).

Each story is inspy-clean, sweet, and well-crafted. Each of the novellas are available as individual e-books on Amazon, too.

Fans of novellas or mail-order bride stories are sure to get a kick out of this collection.

I received this book in exchange for my honest reivew. A positive review was neither expected nor promised.

No comments: