I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Ten Things with Novelist Angela Breidenbach!

Welcome Angela Breidenbach to Tea and a Good Book!

Angela is a speaker, coach, and author of A Healing Heart, April 2013 from Abingdon Press in the Quilts of Love series. Her family tradition is to create a life story on a photo memory quilt for each graduating senior. She is certified in mentor/peer counseling as a CTA life coach, as a Stephen Minister, and a weight loss/nutrition coach. Angela serves as an assisting minister (worship/prayer leader) for her congregation in Missoula, MT.

1. I've lived in Spain for three years. My oldest son was born there and has a dual citizenship.
2. My husband and I won the "Newlywed Game" on our honeymoon cruise. The couple that was married 50 years to our 4 days became long time pen pals.
3. I have "awe attacks" according to my husband. It could be the beauty of creation or wondering what God thought when he knew we'd invent roads and drive on them.
4. I love synchronized swimming, both doing it and watching the sport. It's incredibly hard, graceful, and gorgeous to watch.
5. I like coffee and tea, but my coffee has to be hot and a sugar-free skinny peppermint mocha, but white chocolate is okay too. :)
6. My husband says I bake when I'm stressed. (Aside: I didn't realize that until he said it.)
7. I can't read or watch horror. My imagination is too vivid. I end up with days of nightmares. I watch a lot of comedy and sweet romances.
8. Because I'm a workaholic, I'm getting a new munchkin kitten to distract me from work. His name is going to be Schnitzel. Come see my website/blog http://www.AngelaBreidenbach.com and watch for his picture. (Mama cat is due mid-April and I'll begin visiting him early May. He'll come home end of June!)
9. To me, writing is the most intimate, transparent form of communication. I open up freely in writing.
10. I write because I want to leave a legacy.


Thanks for sharing with us today, Angela! Love the book cover. And here's a peek at A Healing Heart:

What happens when the only man who can help is the one man she can't trust? A heart attack has stopped Mara Keegan in her tracks, leaving her daughter's unfinished photo memory quilt hanging by a thread. Little does Mara know, this quilt—and the memories it bolsters—are the key to her rehabilitation. But Mara's heart needs to be healed in more ways than one. And Joel Ryan is fraying her last nerve. With her daughter's graduation fast approaching, even Mara starts to wonder if she—and her faith—can mend in time. Will Joel's photo find a place on the quilt... and in Mara's heart?

Don't forget to visit Angela!


Twitter/Pinterest: @AngBreidenbach
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/AngelaBreidenbachInspirationalSpeakerAuthor

4 comments:

Susanne Dietze said...

Mmm, I love peppermint mocha, too, Angie. And I'd love to hear more about your synchronized swimming! It looks gorgeous, but so difficult!

Thanks for sharing with us today!

Suzie Johnson said...

Love the picture, Angie! As I was reading, I was thinking I could picture you doing synchronized swimming. But where do you find the other synchronees?

Angela Breidenbach said...

Susanne, we are going to have to grab that peppermint mocha together one day!

Suzie, we had a small team here in Missoula at our YMCA, but Bozeman has a huge team. I'm jealous, but can't manage a 3 hour drive just to go. So now I play in the pool when I get a chance since writing took priority. My grandma was also on a synch team in Denver. But I didn't remember that until I ran across one of her old photos from the 1960s!

There's also a website for US Synchro. They help you find close teams. But check all your local pools :)

Sorry for the delay, had a class this morning and then grammie duty all afternoon.
Angie
PS Kitten is still not born yet. Oh the waiting is killing me!

Susanne Dietze said...

Oh I bet those photos of your grandma are fabulous! I'd love to see one sometime. That sounds like a blog post!

Hopefully we can get our mochas sometime soon.

Looking forward to hearing news about your new kitten!