I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Choices of the Heart



Choices of the Heart by Laurie Alice Eakes is an engaging inspirational read.

Esther Cherrett was trained by her mother to be a midwife, and was quite successful at it…until a scandal damaged both her career and her relationship with God. By taking a position as a teacher in the rugged mountains of western Virginia, Esther is sure she’ll outrun her past. Instead, she finds herself in the unwanted position of being courted by two men on opposite sides of a family feud, Zach and Griff. She still yearns for peace, but she can’t run away this time. She has to stay and grapple with forgiveness, reconciliation, and love.

The third book in The Midwives series, Choices of the Heart was my favorite. Something about the struggles in the book spoke to me, both internal (Esther struggles with her faith, her past and her gifts) and external (the feuding families have years of pride and misunderstanding blocking the way of peace). It isn’t necessary to have read the first two books in the Midwives’ series before reading this one, but the ending wraps up the series nicely and is quite sweet. 

Readers of inspirational romance are sure to enjoy this richly-written treat.

I received a copy of Choices of the Heart from the publisher, Revell, but was not required to write a positive review.

No comments: