I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Zondervan First--Adapting to The Way We Read


Are you a big reader of e-books?


Some of us still prefer the feel of a book in our hands, the lingering odors of paper and ink and the cracking of the spine when we open a book.

But even those of us who like traditionally published books still enjoy the convenience and ease of our e-readers. I like how I can take multiple books with me in something as small and lightweight as a Kindle. I'm not alone, either, because sales of e-books are definitely skyrocketing.

Enter Zondervan First.

Zondervan, which publishes Christian books, has started a direct-to-digital publishing imprint which "will provide fresh and relevant content across all reading devices. Authors who publish under this model will have the same access to the Zondervan editorial and marketing teams as those published traditionally, which sets this program apart from other direct-to-digital publishers...By publishing through the new imprint, authors will have the full backing of the Zondervan brand."

If you download a lot of e-books, you know how many e-publishers there are out there. Some are fabulous. Some are, well, not. One of the strengths of Zondervan First is that the books receive the same editing and marketing assistance that Zondervan's traditionally printed books receive, so readers know these selections have been carefully chosen, polished, and presented.

To debut the line, Zondervan First chose Dina Sleiman and her historical romance, Love in Three-Quarter Time. Here's a brief teaser:

 In the style of Deeanne Gist, Dina Sleiman explores the world of 1817 Virginia in her novel Love in Three-Quarter Time. When the belle of the ball falls into genteel poverty, the fiery Constance Cavendish must teach the dances she once loved in order to help her family survive. The opportunity of a lifetime might await her in the frontier town of Charlottesville, but the position will require her to instruct the sisters of the plantation owner who jilted her when she needed him most. As Robert Montgomery and Constance make discoveries about one another, will their renewed faith in God help them to face their past and the guilt that threatens to destroy them in time to waltz to a fresh start?

I've thoroughly enjoyed this novel. Sleiman is a talented author and she's woven a rich setting, historical detail, spiritual growth, rich characters, and a compelling story into a true page-turner.

Love in Three-Quarter Time is available from Zondervan and Amazon for the bargain of $3.99.

2 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

Oooh, I might look into that!!! Thank you!

I've been amazed by how easy I can read a book in my iPhone...I guess a great story is a great story, no matter how it's delivered.

Susanne Dietze said...

Definitely look into it, Jessica!

I haven't tried reading a book on my phone. A lot of people love it, though!

Thanks for coming by.