Welcome Lisa Karon Richardson, author of novella Impressed by Love from Colonial Courtships, to Tea and a Good Book!
Influenced by books like The Little Princess, and The Secret Garden, Lisa’s early books were heavy on governesses and creepy boarding schools. Though she’s mostly all grown-up now, she still loves a healthy dash of adventure in any story she creates, even her real-life story. She’s been a missionary to the Seychelles and Gabon and now that she and her husband are back in America, they are tackling new adventures—starting a daughter-work church and raising two precocious kids. Her other full-time job is managing medical malpractice litigation for a large health system in Ohio and Indiana.
Ten Random Facts about Lisa:
1. My husband is the first, and only, man I've kissed.
2. I think "Once upon a time..." is still a perfectly legitimate opening for a story.
3. I read more YA than adult fiction.
4. My ringtone is a Veggietales song.
5. We have two fish named Finn and Goldy.
6. I love Pinterest, but am ambivalent about Facebook.
7. History fascinates me.
8. I have been to 10 countries and 4 continents.
9. I'm more interested in a time machine than a transporter (like on Star Trek)
10. I can be easily distracted at times and this list took a lot longer to compile than it should have!
Lisa has graciously offered to give away a copy of the Colonial Courtships Collection to one lucky commenter. To enter the drawing, please leave a comment and include a way to contact you. US and Canada only. We'll draw a winner at random on Sunday, Oct. 14, and on Oct.15 I'll announce it here!
Don't forget to visit Lisa on her website!
More on Impressed by Love:
Following her parents’ deaths, Phoebe Carlisle travels with her uncle, captain of the H.M.S. Aries, to live with cousins. An attack by a French ship-of-the-line forces them to seek refuge along the Connecticut River. Doctor Alden Ingersoll prefers to be in control of any situation, but his fate is ripped from his grasp when he’s pressed into the Royal Navy to tend an injured captain. In Phoebe’s company, Alden finds his desire to escape the ship fading. But pursuing her means abandoning hope of returning to his medical practice and his family.