I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Happy News!

Spring has sprung! At my house, birds are nesting, the fruit trees have blossomed, and the lavender is in full flower. The bees love it.

When the sunshine glows, my mood follows suit. And I can't help sharing happy news!

  • Today on Inkwell Inspirations, debut author Jessica Nelson is giving away a copy of her Love Inspired Historical, Love on the Range. It's a fun story--hop on over to enter the drawing!
  • I'm thoroughly biased, but my critique partner Ruth Reid's latest book, Brush of Angels' Wings, is fabulous, and it's available now from Thomas Nelson (check it out on Amazon). Ruth weaves great romance, Amish setting, and spiritual warfare for a unique and enjoyable read. 
  • RWA National Conference in Anaheim is coming up quickly, and I'm getting excited about it! Meeting friends, learning at the workshops...it'll be fabulous. It's not too late to register for this July event. Also open for registration, the ACFW Conference in September, this year held in Texas.
  • And last but not least... I'm an ACFW Genesis Contest semi-finalist! I can't share the name of my story, but as you can imagine, I'm thrilled to be on the list. I have to come back to earth and get busy writing, though--but what a motivation!
I hope you're enjoying your spring, and may your day be filled with happy things, too!

    2 comments:

    Karen Lange said...

    Congratulations to making it to the finals! So excited for you! :)

    Susanne Dietze said...

    Thanks, Karen! It's a great feeling.