I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Humpty Dumpty is Real!

Several months back, I posted a devotional on Inkwell about some mourning doves' fruitless attempt to build a nest on the ceiling fan blades on my backyard patio. Every twig and leaf brought in by the doves for nesting slipped right off the blades--and an egg would certainly follow suit--yet they persisted for weeks.

I both marveled at their determination and boggled at their stupidity. (And I compared it to my relationship with God.)

Today I'll harken back to the mourning doves' lack of, er, foresight when it comes to laying eggs.

Behold, the cinder block wall in my backyard:

Humpty Dumpty, indeed! Poor thing.

No comments: