I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Who--Me? This time, YES!!!

Astonishing. That's all I can say!

I learned some weeks ago that my Regency-set project, Gemma's Guardian, was a finalist in both the Gotcha! Contest's Inspirational Category, sponsored by Silicon Valley RWA, and the Phoenix Rattler Contest's Historical Category, sponsored by ACFW's Christian Writers of the West. As you can imagine, I was delighted. And a little scared, too. Gemma's Guardian has been in the works, with several false starts, for over two years now. I started a major re-haul and I entered these contests because I wanted honest, anonymous feedback.

Turns out...I won the Historical Category of the Phoenix Rattler!

Yeehaw!

I have entered many, many contests in my time. Both the Gotcha! and the Phoenix Rattler are wonderful places for a budding author to garner feedback. My judges in these contests were kind, thoughtful, and attentive. It was obvious they read my entries carefully, noting errors, questions, and strong points. Thank you, judges, coordinators, and the members of SVRWA and CWOW!

4 comments:

Cheryl Klarich said...

Congratulations, Susanne!!!

Susanne Dietze said...

Thanks, Cheryl! I appreciate you coming by and sharing my happy news with me.

Jessica Nelson said...

Woohooo! Congrats, girl. ;-)

Susanne Dietze said...

Thanks, Jessica! :)