I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Monday, January 2, 2012

To the New Year!

Happy New Year! I spent my day un-decorating (sort of sad) and seeing a movie with my family (which was nice and relaxing).

It's hard to escape all the talk about goals and resolutions for the New Year. Usually, I don't make resolutions, per se, but this year, there are a few things I'd like to accomplish or improve. Here's a few:

1.  Finish my manuscript and start a proposal for another. I don't want to allow discouragement to take hold of me and slow me down. In 2012, I'll try to keep moving forward.

2.  Clean my office! This entails me becoming a bit more structured on how I take research notes.

3.  Spend more time with God. This sounds like a no-brainer, but sometimes I put Him at the bottom of my to-do list. He shouldn't even be on a to-do list; He should be part of everything I do!

Saving money, exercise, and eating healthy are also things I'd like to work on in the New Year. Hopefully I'll have good news to report come December.

How about you? Do you make resolutions? Are you able to keep them, or do they fall by the wayside of good intentions?

No comments: