I knew that C.S. Lewis and I had more in common than our Christianity when he said, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." Welcome to a celebration of faith, tea, and the written word. I'm always engaged in a book, and whether it's one I'm reading or one of the inspirational historical romances I write, there's always a cup of tea close by. Join me in a cup as we chat about faith, our favorite books and the exciting places our reading and writing adventures take us.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ten Things with Author Mary Moore...and a Giveaway!

Ten Things With Novelist Mary Moore


Welcome Mary Moore to Tea and a Good Book! Mary has been an avid student of the Regency era since the 1970s and is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers' historic fiction community as well as a member of Faith, Hope, and Love and Beau Monde chapters of the RWA. She has been writing historical fiction for over fifteen years. Mary had to put her writing on hold due to some health issues, including a bout with breast cancer. She is now even more excited about her writing as she incorporates her struggles throughout her books, dedicated to encouraging others in the Lord and using her talent to His glory. A native of the Washington D.C. area, Mary and her husband now live in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of southwest Virginia, with their black lab, Darcy. When not writing, Mary enjoys time with her husband, watching romantic movies, reading, and weekend getaways. Mary would love to hear from you. You can reach her by visiting her website here and on Facebook.


 1.  I am not a morning person.  Really, ask anyone.  In fact, one of my favorite tee shirts is a shirt my mom gave me when I was sixteen, “I may rise, but I refuse to shine!”


2.  I don’t like fruits OR vegetables.  Yes, true, sorry.  I’m a meat and potatoes girl.
* I will eat corn if you make me, but it cannot be on the cob.
* I will eat an apple if you make me, but please don’t.


3.  I come from a huge (and wild!) Irish family.  (My maiden name is O’Leary, my mom’s maiden name was Callaghan, shall I go further?)  I love them all!


4.  My favorite food out is Arby’s.  (My husband is happy, I’m a really cheap date.)


5.  I am a John Wayne fanatic.  (Ask me anything, go ahead.)


6.  I am a shoe fanatic.  (Now that my husband is retired, it is from afar.)


7.  I am a Regency fanatic.  (Hence, “The Aristocrat’s Lady”)


8.  I am a chocolate fanatic.   (Not necessarily in that order.)


9.  I’m married to my best friend - “…my second self, my best earthly companion…”   (Can you name that book?)


10.  I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins, and because of that I am promised eternal life with Him.

Mary's first novel, The Aristocrat's Lady, is now in stores. Here's a peek:


An Unexpected Encounter...
For a few moments on a moonlit balcony, Nicole Beaumont was just a beautiful woman catching the eye of the handsome Lord Devlin—but she knew the illusion couldn't last. If the enigmatic aristocrat knew her secret, he'd realize that her disability left her unfit for love. So who could blame her for hiding the truth a little longer?

Devlin had never met a woman like Nicole. Her unique combination of innocence and wisdom left him utterly intrigued. Yet what was she hiding? For a man who did not trust easily, discovering her secret was devastating. Overcoming their pasts and forging a future would take faith, forgiveness and trust. And second chances could lead to new beginnings… 


Would you like to win this book? Mary has generously offered to give a copy to one lucky commenter, to be chosen at random. Please leave a comment by midnight tomorrow (September 30) Eastern Time, including your email address (spaced out to protect you from spammers) within the body of the comment.

To double your chances of winning and to learn about a pivotal moment in Mary's Faith Journey, visit Inkwell Inspirations here. The same rules apply--please leave a comment with your email address by midnight Friday, September 30.

5 comments:

Karen Lange said...

Susanne,
Thank you for the introduction to Mary! I always enjoy reading about authors - and I love this format! It's really a lot of fun. :)

Thanks to both of you, and thanks also for doing the giveaway. The book looks wonderful!

Blessings,
Karen
klange61(at)hotmail(dot)com

Susanne Dietze said...

Hi Karen! I'm so glad you could come by today. I'm glad you enjoyed getting to know a bit about Mary.

I've got you entered into the giveaway. Good luck!

Susanne Dietze said...

I've been told that some folks have had problems leaving comments with blogger, so I'll extend the deadline for the contest until Saturday at midnight!

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.

Susanne Dietze said...

Congratulations, Karen! I'll be in touch to get your address!

Karen Lange said...

Thanks so much, Susanne and Mary! This is a wonderful weekend surprise! Can't wait to read the book! :D